Buying your home with The Stowell Group
Whether you are just dreaming, or in the active stage of your search for a home The Stowell Group is here to assist you and guide you to the home of your dreams... We understand that buying a home maybe somewhat stressful so we have a plan in place to assure that your home buying experience is great and stress free!
- Home buyer consultation- we want to get to know you, find out what your goals are and most importantly what you are looking for in your new home. During our first meeting we will go over the entire home buying process explaining each step. If you know what to expect the stress level goes down, you feel more comfortable and are able to enjoy this exciting time in your life!
- Financing- unless you are paying cash you will need to secure financing to purchase your home. I can assist you in getting pre-approved by recommending the services of professional loan officers. They will review your financial details and advise you on the type of loan that fits your needs best.
- Viewing homes- this is the fun part that buyers enjoy the most. We will make sure that you see all the properties that meet your criteria, provide you with information about neighborhood amenities, schools, parks as well as current real estate trends.
- Making an offer- Congratulations! You have found that perfect new home in that great neighborhood you have always liked. We will help you determine the market value of the property based on the most recent sales of comparable homes. Next step is to make a strong offer that we will present to the seller using our excellent negotiation skills. Once all the terms are agreed on we have a ratified contract!
- Various inspections- the following inspections are customary in Virginia: home, radon and termite inspections. We will assist you in making arrangements for applicable inspections and be preset for them. An appraisal will be done on the property by the bank to establish the market value.
- Pre-settlement walk-thru- we will visit the house one last time prior to closing to make sure that it is as it should be per the contract
- Settlement- Closing day is often an emotional day for buyers, the final step in the process to making that new home yours! Once the paperwork is signed and the funds are transferred and the process is complete! You are now the new home owner and can move in!
This is just an overview of the buying process. There can be many more detailed steps involved, but we work diligently with all of our buyers to make the process as smooth and stress free as possible.